by Charlotte Maria Tucker
- A man and his family move to an inherited house.
- A house with a rumored, haunted room, bricked up for years.
- A departing uncle tells the three family children of their faults: one is selfish, one is prideful and the other too timid/cowardly.
- The children\\\'s personal faults become foremost as the story unveils.
- There are no ghosts or spooks, but the haunted room does have its evil.
- Not only houses, but hearts also, can have haunted rooms.
The plot is good, but not unique.
Contains a high degree of religious philosophy. The author was a missionary
in her later years.