o their thriving? And whether an uneducated gentry be not the greatest of national evils?
16. Qu. Whether customs and fashions do not supply the place of reason in the vulgar of all ranks? Whether, therefore, it doth not very much import that they should be wisely framed?
17. Qu. Whether the imitating those neighbours in our fashions, to whom we bear no likeness in our circumstances, be not one cause of distress to this nation?
18. Qu. Whether frugal fashions in the upper rank, and comfortable living in the lower, be not the means to multiply inhabitants?
19. Qu. Whether the bulk of our Irish natives are not kept from thriving, by that cynical content in dirt and beggary which they possess to a degree beyond any other people in Christendom?
20. Qu. Whether the creating of wants be not the likeliest way to produce industry in a people? And whether, if our peasants were accustomed to eat beef and wear shoes, they would not be more industrious?
21. Qu. Whether other things being given, as clima
2013 SFR GALAXY AWARD WINNER
"Heroism and... Read more
VOLUME ONE in the WOOD COW CHRONICLES series. <... Read more
Fans of paranormal and urban fantasy will enjoy... Read more
There are six secret clans across the world–Afr... Read more
Set in the late Georgian era, Elizabeth Bailey’... Read more
"Tim Hurtletuta has forgotten something. He can... Read more
12th century England: Two men vie for the thron... Read more
Dr. Gabe Allen has a rule about dating colleagues... Read more
See it as donating a moment of your social media time, every little thing helps us improve and stay online.
The list of books below is based on the weekly downloads by our users regardless of eReader device or file format.
See more popular titles from this genre.