The materials upon which this book is based have been collected from a wide range of sources and represent the observation and reflection of men who have seen life from very different points of view. This was necessary in order to bring into the perspective of a single volume the whole wide range of social organization and human life which is the subject-matter of a science of society.
1. Village Life in America (from the Diary of a Young Girl).
Caroline C. Richards
2. Secondary Contacts and City Life. Robert E. Park.
3. Publicity as a Form of Secondary Contact. Robert E. Park
4. From Sentimental to Rational Attitudes. Werner Sombart
5. The Sociological Significance of the "Stranger." Georg Simmel
III. Investigations and Problems
1. Physical Contacts
2. Touch and the Primary Contacts of Intimacy
3. Primary Contacts of Acquaintanceship
4. Secondary Contacts
Bibliography: Materials for the Study of Social Contacts
Topics for Written Themes
Questions for Discussion
* CHAPTER VI. SOCIAL INTERACTION
1. The Concept of Interaction
2. Classification of the Materials
A. Society as Interaction
1. The Mechanistic Interpretation of Society.
Who Murdered Mr. Malone? Book 1 of the Garden G... Read more
After finding the body of a dragon in a metalli... Read more
*This is a stand-alone book in the Fearsome Ser... Read more
Fans of the Hunger Games and Sci-Fi Thrillers will... Read more
While rumors of monsters rising in the south bring... Read more
See it as donating a moment of your social media time, every little thing helps us improve and stay online.
The list of books below is based on the weekly downloads by our users regardless of eReader device or file format.
See more popular titles from this genre.