This book is prepared for teachers and pupils who use the Illinois State Course of Study. The outline in Orthography for the Seventh and Eighth Years is the basis of all that is included herein. Three fifths or more of this work is word analysis which, valuable as it is, teachers as a rule are unable to teach without the aid of a text, never having learned much of it themselves.
> er, speak. 4. astr onomy, distribute 5. dis aster, apart
1. Literally, a little star; a mark like a star used to refer to a note in the margin.
2. Formed like a star.
3. One who speaks about the stars; one who foretells events by the stars, or interprets the supposed influence of the stars.
4. The science which treats of the distribution, arrangement and size of heavenly bodies (stars).
5. An unfavorable aspect of a star or planet, hence an ill portent, a calamity.
#aud# = hear.
1. aud ible, capable of 2. audit ory, pertaining to 3. audit ors, those who 4. in audible, not
1. Capable of being heard.
2. Pertaining to the hearing, or the sense of hearing.
3. Those who hear; people who assemble for the purpose of hearing music or discourse.
4. Not capable of
Fans of paranormal and urban fantasy will enjoy... Read more
VOLUME ONE in the WOOD COW CHRONICLES series. <... Read more
2013 SFR GALAXY AWARD WINNER
"Heroism and... Read more
There are six secret clans across the world–Afr... Read more
Set in the late Georgian era, Elizabeth Bailey’... Read more
"Tim Hurtletuta has forgotten something. He can... Read more
12th century England: Two men vie for the thron... Read more
Dr. Gabe Allen has a rule about dating colleagues... Read more
The list of books below is based on the weekly downloads by our users regardless of eReader device or file format.
See more popular titles from this genre.