acirc;Äôs silver badge of the rose, thistle, and shamrock, with the letters G. R. Their heads are covered with round, flat-crowned caps, tied with bands of coloured ribbons. The whole appearance forms an elegant livery, well adapted to royalty.
13. The Armory.
[Picture: The Armory]
The spoils of the Spanish Armada are still shown in the Tower. There are, amongst them, several kinds of arms and instruments of cruelty, designed for torturing their English prisoners; and the following list of them will prove the barbarity of Spain at that period.
THE SPOILS OF THE SPANISH ARMADA.
1. The popeâÄôs banner, by him blessed and declared invincible.
2. A battle-axe for penetrating steel armour.
3. A spadole, used as a small sword, the point poisoned.
4. An anchove, for hooking men off their horses.
5. A lance.
6. A lance, with the current coin on the head.
7. A Spanish morning star: the points were poisoned, to
When the economic downturn ends Matty Cruz’s co... Read more
"Loose Ends was a great read, if you're looking... Read more
Who Murdered Mr. Malone? Book 1 of the Garden G... Read more
After finding the body of a dragon in a metalli... Read more
*This is a stand-alone book in the Fearsome Ser... Read more
See it as donating a moment of your social media time, every little thing helps us improve and stay online.
The list of books below is based on the weekly downloads by our users regardless of eReader device or file format.
See more popular titles from this genre.