ody should grow about a hundred pounds in weight during the first thirteen years of life. Whether children grow little or much generally depends on the food they give their bodies.
1. Point out and name four parts of the body.
2. Name the two parts of the trunk.
3. What does the chest contain?
4. What is muscle?
5. How is the body fed?
6. Give three parts taking waste out of the body.
7. Of what use are the brain and nerves?
8. Name two organs.
9. How long does the body continue to grow?
FEEDING THE BODY
[Illustration: FIG. 6.--Photograph of the outer dead skin pushed off from a black snake crawling through the brush.]
=Why the Body needs Food.=--Every living thing, whether a plant or an animal, needs food. While the whole body lives, a part of it is constantly dying. The entire