The Darwinian Hypothesis.
1. Every kind of animal and plant tends to increase in numbers in a geometrical progression.
2. Every kind of animal and plant transmits a general likeness, with individual differences, to its offspring.
3. Past time has been practically infinite.
4. Every individual has to endure a very severe struggle for existence, owing to the tendency to geometrical increase of all kinds of animals and plants, while the total animal and vegetable population (man and his agency excepted) remains almost stationary.
5. Thus, every variation of a kind tending to save the life of the individual possessing it, or to enable it more surely to propagate its kind, will in the long run be preserved and will transmit its favorable peculiarity to some of its offspring, which peculiarity will thus become intensified till it reaches the maximum degree of utility. On the other hand, individuals presenting unfavorable peculiarities will be ruthlessly destroyed (Surviv
2013 SFR GALAXY AWARD WINNER
"Heroism and... Read more
VOLUME ONE in the WOOD COW CHRONICLES series. <... Read more
Fans of paranormal and urban fantasy will enjoy... Read more
There are six secret clans across the world–Afr... Read more
Set in the late Georgian era, Elizabeth Bailey’... Read more
"Tim Hurtletuta has forgotten something. He can... Read more
12th century England: Two men vie for the thron... Read more
Dr. Gabe Allen has a rule about dating colleagues... Read more
The list of books below is based on the weekly downloads by our users regardless of eReader device or file format.
See more popular titles from this genre.