by Lucas, Shinn, Smallwood, and Whitney
p>10. What is the work of spiders amongst the animal population of the earth, or of what use are they?
11. Out of doors find webs of various kinds: wheel web, tent web, triangle web, etc.
12. How do the jumping spiders differ from others in their spinning and feeding habits?
13. Look up what is meant by ballooning spiders. Find out when ballooning occurs and what is accomplished by it.
a. The entire spider, seen from above.
b. A cocoon.
THE LIVING CRICKET
Living crickets in cages, with materials for food and concealment, and individual specimens in wide-mouth bottles or vials with cotton stoppers.
1. What is the average size and the general color of crickets?
2. Just what do they do when you try to catch them? What structures enable them to do these things?
3. Of the three pairs of legs, which extend sidewise for running or grasping, and which backw