12. 'Now,' said mother, 'let us give father a treat when he comes home! We will make some nice cakes with this flour, and have them for tea! Grind a little more, dear millers, while I make up the fire.'
rid´-dle ex-act´-ly guessed won´-der bought Sat´-ur-day sup-pose´ fin´-gers met´-al smooth re-mem´-ber piece
1. 'What is the oldest thing in this room?' asked the mother one day.
'Is this a riddle?'
'No, not exactly.'
2. Dora guessed one thing, and Harry another, and at last they gave up guessing. 'Unless,' said Harry, 'it is the fender, or the poker.'
3. 'It is very likely that the thing you were drawing on just now is older than any of those.'
4. 'That slate? Why, mother!' cried the children, opening their eyes wide with wonder, 'you bought it only last Saturday!'
'So I did. But it was not made last Saturday.'
5. 'No, I suppose the man
When the economic downturn ends Matty Cruz’s co... Read more
Cara Devon has always suffered curiosity and im... Read more
A telekinetic teenager. A telepathic child. A p... Read more
A century after an apocalyptic war reduces all... Read more
See it as donating a moment of your social media time, every little thing helps us improve and stay online.
The list of books below is based on the weekly downloads by our users regardless of eReader device or file format.
See more popular titles from this genre.