Baltimore Catechism No. 2 (of 4)
71. Q. Is the Blessed Virgin Mary truly the Mother of God? A. The Blessed Virgin Mary is truly the Mother of God, because the same Divine Person who is the Son of God is also the Son of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
72. Q. Did the Son of God become man immediately after the sin of our first parents? A. The Son of God did not become man immediately after the sin of our first parents, but was promised to them as a Redeemer.
73. Q. How could they be saved who lived before the Son of God became man? A. They who lived before the Son of God became man could be saved by believing in a Redeemer to come, and by keeping the commandments.
74. Q. On what day was the Son of God conceived and made man? A. The Son of God was conceived and made man on Annunciation day--the day on which the Angel Gabriel announced to the Blessed Virgin Mary that she was to be the Mother of God.
75. Q. On what day was Christ born? A. Christ was born on Christmas day in a stable at Bethlehem, over nineteen hun