ypotheses are real facts with some of their circumstances exaggerated or omitted 255
3. Some of the first principles of geometry are axioms, and these are not hypothetical 256
4. --but are experimental truths 258
5. An objection answered 261
The same Subject continued.
Sec. 1. All deductive sciences are inductive 281
2. The propositions of the science of number are not verbal, but generalizations from experience 284
3. In what sense hypothetical 289
4. The characteristic property of demonstrative science is to be hypothetical 290
Examination of some Opinions opposed to the preceding doctrines.
Sec. 1. Doctrine of the Universal Postulate 294
2. The test of inconceivability does not