out him were men whom he could not tell whether they were friends or foes.
Right: About him were men regarding whom he could not tell whether they were friends or foes. [Or, better] About him were men who might have been either friends or foes.
1. When still a small boy, my family moved to Centerville.
2. Constantly in conversation with some one broadens our ideas and our vocabulary.
3. It was a trick which opposing teams were sure to be baffled.
4. They departed for the battle front with the knowledge they might never return.
5. At the banquet were all classes of people; I met a banker and plumber.
=4. Comparisons must be completed logically.=
Wrong: His speed was equal to a racehorse.
Wrong: Of course my opinion is worth less than a lawyer.
Wrong: The shells which are used in quail hunting are different than in rabbit hunting.
Compare a thing with another thing, an abstraction with another abst
When the economic downturn ends Matty Cruz’s co... Read more
"Loose Ends was a great read, if you're looking... Read more
Who Murdered Mr. Malone? Book 1 of the Garden G... Read more
After finding the body of a dragon in a metalli... Read more
*This is a stand-alone book in the Fearsome Ser... Read more
See it as donating a moment of your social media time, every little thing helps us improve and stay online.
The list of books below is based on the weekly downloads by our users regardless of eReader device or file format.
See more popular titles from this genre.