The Purloined Letter Edgar Allan Poe
The Black Hand Arthur B. Reeve
The Biter Bit Wilkie Collins
Missing: Page Thirteen Anna Katherine Green - audibook
A Scandal in Bohemia A. Conan Doyle
The Rope of Fear Mary E. and Thomas W. Hanshew
The Safety Match Anton Chekhov
Some Scotland Yard Stories Sir Robert Anderson
nstantly. A single grain of gimlet-dust, for example, would have been as obvious as an apple. Any disorder in the gluing, any unusual gaping in the joints, would have sufficed to insure detection."
"I presume you looked to the mirrors, between the boards and the plates, and you probed the beds and the bedclothes, as well as the curtains and carpets."
"That of course; and when we had absolutely completed every particle of the furniture in this way, then we examined the house itself. We divided its entire surface into compartments, which we numbered, so that none might be missed; then we scrutinized each individual square inch throughout the premises, including the two houses immediately adjoining, with the microscope, as before."
"The two houses adjoining!" I exclaimed; "you must have had a great deal of trouble."
"We had; but the reward offered is prodigious."
"You include the grounds about the houses?"
"All the grounds are paved with brick. They gave us comparatively
I. THE MYSTERIOUS CARD
- Cleveland Moffett
- A mystery with a macabre ending.
- A card, given you, that you cannot read, but everyone else can and they don\\\\\\\'t want anything to do with you, after they read it.
But, no one will tell you what it says.
II. THE GREAT VALDEZ SAPPHIRE - Anonymous
- A mystery and jewelry robbery.
III. THE OBLONG BOX Edgar - Allan Poe
- Is your life worth the contents of the oblong box?
IV. THE BIRTH-MARK - Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Your a chemist and you believe you can remove your wifes only beauty flaw, a red hand shaped birth mark. At what price?
V. A TERRIBLY STRANGE BED - Wilkie Collins
- You broke the bank when gambling? How many unique ways are there to take your money from you? And maybe your life.
VI. THE TORTURE BY HOPE - Villiers de l\\\\\\\'Isle Adam
- Spanish Inquisition tale. What would be the worst torture?
VII. THE BOX WITH THE IRON CLAMPS - Florence Marryat
- A mysterious box and an old relationship.
- The ingredients for a bigger mystery and a tragic secret.
VIII. MY FASCINATING FRIEND - William Archer
- A story of espionage. Are your friends really what they seem?
IX. THE LOST ROOM Fitz - James O\\\\\\\'Brien
- A ghost story. Did you loose your room or was it ever yours. Will it be yours again.
VOLUME ONE in the WOOD COW CHRONICLES series. <... Read more
2013 SFR GALAXY AWARD WINNER
"Heroism and... Read more
Fans of paranormal and urban fantasy will enjoy... Read more
There are six secret clans across the world–Afr... Read more
Set in the late Georgian era, Elizabeth Bailey’... Read more
"Tim Hurtletuta has forgotten something. He can... Read more
12th century England: Two men vie for the thron... Read more
Dr. Gabe Allen has a rule about dating colleagues... Read more
See it as donating a moment of your social media time, every little thing helps us improve and stay online.
The list of books below is based on the weekly downloads by our users regardless of eReader device or file format.
See more popular titles from this genre.